Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope yours is more interesting than mine.

I just finished watching the last episode of The Amazing Race Asia Season 2, and I was so affected that I had to blog about it.

*spoilers ahead*









For those who've watched, the winners are the two men from Singapore team, and one of them has a slight difficulty in speaking. Yet, this difficulty didn't prevent him from entering the race and it definitely didn't prevent him from winning. He was instrumental in causing the team to pull ahead of the other two competing teams, so while the victory was definitely a team effort, he contributed a lot, even the main part, I would say, in this crucial leg of the race.

I'm a big fan of lessons, I guess, so I was really touched to realize that no obstacle, barrier, hindrance, physical disability is so great that we couldn't achieve what we want, as long as we set our minds to it. It reminded me of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (the first movie). When I first went to watch the movie, I was intrigued by the character that Angelina Jolie was portraying. Here is this woman who's strong and who believes that she can do whatever a man does--even better. At that time, I thought that if I were still in school and my teacher asked me to write who I want to be when I grow up, I would say I want to be Lara Croft, or someone like Lara Croft.

This is not to say that I'm a feminist. I still appreciate all the small gestures that gentlemen do to make a woman feel special, which is sadly in short quantity these days. I guess, the point I want to hammer into my head, to be my mantra from now on is this: There is no limit to what I can do, as long as I want it badly enough and set my mind to achieve it. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home